We would like as many faith communities to register with the Welcome Directory as quickly as possible so that chaplains and other resettlement agencies can use the information you give us about yourselves to help people who leave prison in faith find a welcoming and supportive faith community to join.
You can fill in the form below if:
- You already have a good link with a local prison.
- Your faith group leader knows about and supports the application.
- You have an active child/vulnerable adult safeguarding policy in your community.
- Your community wants to be recognised as a welcoming and supportive community for people leaving prison.
After we have received your submission we will review the information and your community will appear on the map and your information will be be available to prison chaplains to use.
If you are not in a position to register just yet, then follow the process below so that you can join the growing directory as soon as posible.
The Welcome Directory sessions and registration process
If your faith community does not yet meet all of the criteria above then simply follow the following six steps to become a Welcome Directory faith community.
- Gather a small group of interested people from your faith community. Three or four people is perfect although a larger group is fine too.
- Let us know about your group and where you are based - we will help you find the prison closest to you and see whether they are set up yet to run the prison session.
- Download the sessions included on this website and work through session one.
- Attend session two at your nearest prison - please note not all prisons are yet holding sessions but our aim is to have sessions running at every prison in England and Wales as soon as possible. Please be patient as we steadily introduce the work in each prison.
- Work through session three and decide what is next for your faith community.
- Register your faith community using the online registration form. Link available from your contact at the prison where you attended session two.